| Back to gregoryharms.com |

July 14, 2024

Nurses & Physical Therapists

After three weeks of being tended to with care and compassion and cheerfulness, I have come to the conclusion that nurses and patient care technicians (PCTs) and physical (including occupational) therapists are angels that walk the earth. 


They deal with the worst the human body has to offer, and they do it with enthusiasm and concern for you. I routinely apologize for what they have to do for me, and the reply is invariably, “We’re here to take care of you!” 


Sure, I’ve had a couple duds, but I’ve had dozens of very good nurses. It’s innate, I believe. One can take art classes from here to eternity, learning any number of techniques and media; but if you’re going to be a great artist, that’s in you. No classroom training is going to supply talent. The same goes for nurses and physical therapists. The duds I’ve had are simply in the wrong job. The dozens who have been lovely and intuitive and caring didn’t learn it in the bloody classroom.


If you’re a nurse or a PCT or a PT, thank you. You make the world a better place.


I got the photo from the internet; asking for a photo would have been weird.




Blog Archive