| Back to gregoryharms.com |

April 17, 2024

Naperville City Council

I spoke truth to power last night. I’m sorry I have no photos or video of me in action. The friend who took me there, Kate, was preoccupied making sure I didn’t fall down at the podium.

What I said to the council was that, yes, what Hamas did on Oct. 7 was terrible. I have described Hamas’s tactics as “immoral, illegal, and stupid.” However, I was quick to point out that Hamas is a resistance movement—one resisting the occupation of Palestine. Many former intelligence and military elites have pointed out that the occupation is the reason Israel has security concerns. The occupation, we could say, is also “immoral, illegal, and stupid.” And I pointed out that the municipality of Naperville has a voice and should use it. I just hope the mayor heard what I and all the speakers were saying.

I met a bunch of good people last night, people who are sympathetic and dedicated to the Palestinian cause and Gaza’s suffering.




Blog Archive