| Back to gregoryharms.com |

September 23, 2026

Gaza




 

This series by the Guardian, “Gaza: A Week in the Life,” is a heartrending portrait of life right now in the Gaza Strip. The series now features three Gazans and what their days are like.

We forget that this is happening. That these people are suffering badly. And that this savagery was all committed with US authorization. Biden and Trump should spend the rest of their lives in orange jumpsuits; they both allowed these crimes to happen.

Moreover, most Americans are not in support of it. The vast majority of Americans are supposedly concerned about civilian deaths and starvation in Gaza. But I do not detect any concern in my personal experiences with people in general. I just don’t feel any at all.

Our presidents have authorized the leveling of an occupied territory housing over 2 million people. Israeli operations since the Hamas attacks in Oct. 2023 have claimed the lives of over 70,000 Gazans. According to the United Nations Information Service in Geneva, “Gaza ha[s] become home to the largest group of child amputees in modern history….” Meanwhile, Americans post their vacation photos on Facebook.

I have posted here some photos of kids I met in Gaza in 2002. They are adults now, and I shudder to think how many are dead—or their children.



Note: That's me in the Mediterranean with a bunch of jokers. Why I am standing like that we will never know.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/series/gaza--a-week-in-the-life

Blog Archive